So you just purchased a new domain name and are about to launch a new website. These are some simple steps you should follow to get started on the right track from the beginning.
- Make sure the website is set up correctly and there are no errors. This includes dead links and broken links.
- Submit the new website to Google and Bing and possibly other engines using the webmaster tool.
- Create an XML Sitemap and Robots.txt.
- Make sure you have no duplicate content.
- Make sure your website passes W3C validation. Just the home page would be sufficient but if possible all internal pages as well.
- Configure .htaccess.
- Start creating backlinks. The older the better so get started ASAP.
These are just a few simple rules to follow to help optimize your site from the start. You will then want to optimize even more with on and off page optimization, meta tags, and image optimization.
Now keep producing fresh and original content and your site will be ranking in now time.